Thursday, April 15, 2010

Brunch


i am a creature of my environment. having lived in this city my entire life, i have established a routine that has me loving the city most of the time. a short walk from my office is a small hotel with an equally tiny starbucks where i grab my brunch everyday. i like this particular starbucks because the staff is friendly, it is rarely full in the mornings and it allows me to watch people go about their morning rituals in silence. of course most of the food on display are off limits (i am in one of my perennial diets yet again) but a piece of brownie is mandatory on days when the traffic gets ridiculously horrendous.

7 comments:

  1. hi pia! stumbled your blog thru hilda's. ^0^
    so glad you joined cdp! welcome! ^0^
    looking forward to more of your fotos! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. So agree with you – the trick is to establish routines that add to life’s beauty and fun:) And then, no matter where you are, an occasional brownie might be just the thing! I am a huge believer in being responsible for your own happiness. Be it as big of a step as moving to the city you fall in love with, or as sinful as having a brownie-lunch (in my case a cone of artisanal ice-cream - the damage is the same though!). Love your blog and pictures!
    Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @arabesque: thanks! good to know i not the only one going gaga over manila :-)

    @Blue: thats so true! routines aren't always "bad". they can be good if they allow you to savor more out of life! and yes, the ice cream is just as lethal! but just as comforting too. i say we deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious photo! I wish I were standing in front of that display case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! We'll have 2 of each please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo. We have Starbucks on every corner out here. Your picture makes it look much more appealing than ours.

    Between you and Hilda I'm thinking I need to get out to Manila. What a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @youth in asia: it is a very very charming city. more than the sights, it's the entire experience of manila that makes it absolutely wonderful to visit. you should get out here! that goes for everybody too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails